My name is Jesse Lenz and I am the director of Charcoal Book Club, the book-of-the-month club dedicated exclusively to photobooks.
We are hosting the third annual Chico Hot Springs Portfolio Review & Publishing Prize this year and wanted to get the word out about the call for entry to your photography students and alumni. It’s a fantastic opportunity to spend a week at a hot springs resort with 15 of the top artists, publishers, and organizations in contemporary photography listening to artist lectures and panel discussions, showcasing work in portfolio reviews, and building relationships. Additionally, one lucky artist’s project will be selected to be published and distributed worldwide by the book club!
We have 3 full tuition scholarships, student discounts, and need based scholarships available for those selected. This way we hope there isn’t anything standing in the way of students submitting.
• Todd Hido
• Mark Steinmetz
• Andrea Modica
• Alex Webb
• Rebecca Norris Webb
• Christopher McCall | Pier 24 Photography
• Cécile Poimboeuf-Koizumi | Chose Commune
• Paul Schiek | TBW Books
• Michael Famighetti | Aperture Magazine
• Irina Rozovsky | Photographer
• Shane Lavalette | Light Work
• Igor Posner | Redhook Editions
• Tim Carpenter | TIS books
• Clint Woodside | Deadbeat Club Press
• Ed Panar | Spaces Corner
• Carson Sanders | Aint-Bad
• Leslie Martin | Aperture
• Gregory Halpern | Photographer
• Anna Walker-Skillman | Jackson Fine Art
Founder / Director
@jesselenz | 304-771-7730